Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Drugstore Foundations for Oily Skin.


In an attempt to maybe help those people that have the same skin problem that I have, I thought I would share the different foundations that you can find on drugstores for oily skins.
I just recently learned that there was a classification to the types of skin and different products you should use for them. I never knew that girls with dry skin could go for a dewy finish while us girls with oily skin had to go for a matte finish to hide the oils away.
Ever since I learned this, I have been on a mission to find foundations that keep a matte face but that are not so hurtful to my pocket. This is what I have found so far:

Starting with Maybelline Super Stay 24 foundation. I was impressed by the TV commercials of this foundation when it first came out to the market. It claimed to have a flexible formula that moved with your skin and prevented it from looking cakey or streaky. Without even knowing that it could work for oily skin, I went and purchased it. Now, I have to say that I was impressed when I first used it. It does have a think consistency but it did not look cakey on me at all, a problem that I often have! I tried it on for a couple of months, but then I started to notice that by the end of the day, it would accumulate around the pores around my nose and forehead, it just looked oily and did not last matte on my skin.



I then researched for a good drugstore matte foundation and I found the Dream Matte Mouse Foundation, also from Maybelline. It is really matte! And it left me matte most of the day. Unfortunately, I had the same problem as the Super Stay, in that it clogged the pores around my nose and it seemed to move around as the day passed by, even if I had set it with powder.


 Next, I went on to Rimmel. I saw a video on YouTube from The Make Up Chair where she talked about a great foundation that looked great and all types of lightning. I was particularly interested because I had noticed throughout the day, that some foundations oxidized on me and created a difference in skin tone where I had not taken the time to blend properly. This foundation is very light in texture and coverage. Probably not as much coverage as I would like, since I do need a lot, but I can use it on days where my skin feels better than other days. It is a bit dark for me, but it looks fine if I blend it.


After hearing so much about the next foundation, I had to try it! I recently went traveling during the holidays and I had a chance to pick it up. It is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. The color is number 53, which is not the lightest but it was the lightest they had at the store I went to. It is amazing, it has the best smell, the best texture and if I mix it with a foundation of a lighter color and blend it, it matches my skin perfectly. It did not stay matte on my skin all day but for occasions when you don’t want to feel like you have tons of make up on, I totally recommend it!


My favorite of all time and the one foundation I have been using lately, is the Revlon ColorStay for Combination and Oily Skin. This is the only drugstore foundation that I have found to be targeted to oily skins and it actually works! It keeps my skin matte all day, it has very impressive lasting power and even though it is thicker than most, it gives great coverage that is reliable! I love all Revlon products, to be honest, so if you have extremely oily skin, then definitely check this one out!



I have also been trying another foundation, which is not drugstore but I thought I will give you some insight. It is the Make Up Forever HD Foundation. I was curious to try it so I splurged $40.00 and purchased it! It is so light and it goes very smoothly on the skin, it blends beautifully. I have to use a primer underneath it to make it last longer but even though I have only used it a few times, I am impressed!

Thank you for reading my loooooooooong post!
Have a great week!

Carla XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment