Thursday, March 1, 2012

Revlon Lipsticks

Hi Guys!
Here I am again, this time doing a quick review on my favorite Revlon Lipsticks. I would say that out of all the drugstore brands out there, Revlon is my favorite when it comes to nail and lip products. For some reason they are great value for the money you spend.
My first ever revlon lipstick was Peach from the Color Burst line. I liked it but I was not that impressed with it, so I sort of left it in the back on my drawer and didn't pay attention to it. In Peach's defense, I really was not too big on wearing lipsticks until I discovered that there are lipsticks out there that you can wear everyday and they are easy to have on all day.

After that, I kind of went on a mission to research and find wearable colors. I cannot say that I purchased them all at once, it did take me a period of at least a year to get comfortable wearing a lipstick and matching colors and all that.
Now, I have a small collection of Revlon products and I am completely in love with all of them. Some I use more than others, but I like them equally. I have to thank Kelly from Jellyminx (she has a YouTube channel as well, go check her out now!!) since I took a lot of her recommendations and I loved them


Here is a picture of the lipsticks I have. I will sort of give you a rundown of what they are. I categorize them on color.

Starting with nude, I have one and it is Nude Attitude. This is a matte finish and it is the only matte lipstick I own. It can be quite drying on the lips, but if you wear a lip balm, you should be okay.
On pinks, there's Pink in the afternoon, a creme finish, and it is the essential "my lips but better" pink color. Porcelain pink is a frost and it's sort of a more mauvy pink with shimmer. Really nice for when you want a bit of sparkle. Skyline pink is a very light frosty pink, I thought I could use this color instead of a gloss for when I want the glossy look without the stickiness.

With Reds, there's Mauvy Night which is also a creme finish and it has a mauvy wine red tint to it but still wearable. It tends to look a bit darker on my lips but nice on fall months. Love That Red is a quintessential red color if you want to achieve a 40's red lip look, very creamy and it lasts really well. Then the just mentioned Peach, which I still love for summer even though I don't reach for it that often
My favorite lipstick ever is Soft Rose from the Colorburst line, and it is a muted red with a brown undertone. It is amazing! every time I wear this lipstick I feel like I can take on the world! super, really recommend you try it.

And my latest acquisition, one of the lip butters in Raspberry Pie. Absolutely way more pigmented than a tinted lip balm, I will like to try more of the colors but they are sold out everywhere I go!

Here is a picture of what they look like on my skin in day light


And.. with a flash....


Hope you enjoyed guys, and that it was somewhat useful! See you next time =)

Carla XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment